Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Images of Speed

MX Training, Photographic, chat and information forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Street AMCA @ Launcherley

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andyyam
Expert
Expert
andyyam

Street AMCA @ Launcherley Empty
PostSubject: Street AMCA @ Launcherley   Street AMCA @ Launcherley EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:32 pm

Nice to get back to a real track this week .
After walking the track I was a little concerned , as the club had ripped the track and watered it well on Saturday and Saturday nights rain had turned it into a very sticky going .
Experts were first out and they were making hard work of it which made me even more concerned . I was in the second group of practise , first lap was going well , as I approached the big step up all I could see was a mass of bikes stuck across the track , I saw a gap and went for it and got up it no problem . Lap two I came around the berm preceeding the step up to see even more bikes littering the track , decided to stop until a gap appeared and toppled over as the berm was pretty steep , took ages to restart the bike and trying to get up the step up from a standing start I cooked the clutch
Race 1 : The track was drying nicely by now , I had a good start inside the top ten , someone binned it in front of me and as I slowed to miss them somebody else rammed me from behind . Got around the carnage and had an enjoyable ride eventually finishing 18th out of 28 starters which I was pleased with.
Race 2 :Had a rain shower just before our race which made the track look pretty slippy , got a great start in the top 4 into the first corner , was a bit over cautious on the first lap and wss 13th as I completed the lap , coming over the tabletop after the finish line I tangled bars with another rider in mid air and we both went down , got away one from last finished 24th .
Race 3 : Another good start , completed the first lap in 9th place , tried sticking with the front bunch for a couple of laps but burnt myself out and dropped like a stone to an eventual 21st place
It was great to go back to Launcherley and I thouroghly enjoyed the days racing . cheers
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: Street AMCA @ Launcherley   Street AMCA @ Launcherley EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Sounds like you had an enjoyable day on the dirt scooter Andy.. im trying to remember what the tracks like... cant bleeding remember, got any pics?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imagesofspeed.co.uk
JC45
Expert
Expert
JC45

PostSubject: Re: Street AMCA @ Launcherley   Street AMCA @ Launcherley EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Cool report Andy and some awesome starts you got going on....... When and where your next meeting?

Ive yet to do my foxhill report but i could write that all on a postage stamp.. Mad
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: Street AMCA @ Launcherley   Street AMCA @ Launcherley EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:50 pm

JC45 wrote:
Cool report Andy and some awesome starts you got going on....... When and where your next meeting?

Ive yet to do my foxhill report but i could write that all on a postage stamp.. Mad
Come on 'J' pull your finger out.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
andyyam
Expert
Expert
andyyam

PostSubject: Re: Street AMCA @ Launcherley   Street AMCA @ Launcherley EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:09 pm

JC45 wrote:

Going to take a few weeks off now to let my back get better as it's costing me a fortune in acupuncture and chiro fees at the moment Laughing
Back to top Go down
andyyam
Expert
Expert
andyyam

PostSubject: Re: Street AMCA @ Launcherley   Street AMCA @ Launcherley EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:14 pm

COACH wrote:
Sounds like you had an enjoyable day on the dirt scooter Andy.. im trying to remember what the tracks like... cant bleeding remember, got any pics?
I took a few pics but as usual they are close ups of riders and they don't tend to show the track at all and could have been taken anywhere
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: Street AMCA @ Launcherley   Street AMCA @ Launcherley EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Oh well, stick a few up anyway Andy... always good to see. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Street AMCA @ Launcherley   Street AMCA @ Launcherley Empty

Back to top Go down

Street AMCA @ Launcherley
Page 1 of 1