Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Images of Speed

MX Training, Photographic, chat and information forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Proper use of the brakes.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
monda
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
monda

Proper use of the brakes. Empty
PostSubject: Proper use of the brakes.   Proper use of the brakes. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:18 pm

I have always struggled in this department and its all in my head because-- how do the fast guys go so fast ? I must be doing something wrong. I can twist the throttle, do the jumps, ride the rough and go around bends so it must be my braking thats crap.

Am I braking to early ? Squezzing the front too hard but not the back ? How do you know that the back brake is on enough ?

Not an easy question on here but is there a rule ?
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

Proper use of the brakes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the brakes.   Proper use of the brakes. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 11:21 pm

monda wrote:
I have always struggled in this department and its all in my head because-- how do the fast guys go so fast ? I must be doing something wrong. I can twist the throttle, do the jumps, ride the rough and go around bends so it must be my braking thats crap.

Am I braking to early ? Squezzing the front too hard but not the back ? How do you know that the back brake is on enough ?

Not an easy question on here but is there a rule ?
I employ a simple technique for braking into turn 1... dont brake till you hit the front.. Wink
Believe it or not, its true.. lol!

Braking and cornering are covered on my 'Holeshot' sessions. I normally watch to see where the pupils are braking without any advice then set about showing them how to improve there entry speed. Braking has to be done prior to the entry and NOT through the corner... once in the corner the gas should already be starting to be applied.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imagesofspeed.co.uk

Proper use of the brakes.
Page 1 of 1