Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Images of Speed

MX Training, Photographic, chat and information forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What was your favourite bike.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
COACH
Admin
COACH

What was your favourite bike. Empty
PostSubject: What was your favourite bike.   What was your favourite bike. EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:37 am

Following on from your first bike thread.... which bike do you have the fondest memories from?

Mine I think is a toss up between my KX80 (first one they made circa 1980) and the CR480 in 1983.

The KX I fell in love with at the Bristol Dirt Bike show around the end of 1979 (I think, although it may have been a couple years earlier cheers ) it looked so nice with its shiny lime green metal tank. It instanly gave me some great results and some might say it was a step backwards as I was on a KX100 in the inters and this was a switch back to an 80 against the bigger machines, still remember Dad (Hollywood Senior) being a little hesitant about it but it proved to be a good move. I was more suited to the size of the smaller bike and the first place I remember racing it was down in Devon/Cornwall along with a couple of mates and their Dad (the Cox's). One of the boys also had a shiny new KX80 and we had the only 2 there so they caused quite a stirr..... I holeshot every race of mine on the Sunday and managed to finish somewhere around the top 5 on a track overlooking the sea.

The following day we raced at another track (must have been a bank holiday weekend) and the track was set on a steep hillside with part of it cut through thick gorse bushes. I took a couple of wins on this track being quite technical with the steep hills. Another cherished memory.

The 480 was a move into the big league in the adult scene having started reasonably well with the transition from schoolboy scrambling. First 2 meetings I won every race entered gaining expert status very quickly despite looping out in the second meeting down the start straight in practice much to the disgust of Dad.

How about your fondest bike(s)
Back to top Go down
http://www.imagesofspeed.co.uk

What was your favourite bike.
Page 1 of 1