Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Images of Speed

MX Training, Photographic, chat and information forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UMX at Frome

Go down 
+16
lambert118
jdbmx
oldgaz
c group will
jamie #944
TooFatToFly
motoxxx
still-mx.co.uk
Bengt Husky
badge
Olly#8
191cuf
huskyboy666
Jon_ktm
andyyam
COACH
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 11:45 am

Well I have to say I wasnt looking forward to this event, number of reasons but mainly lack of bike time meaning I am totally unable to hold on for more than 2 laps, as proven in my first race when I reached for a tear-off and couldnt control the bike ending up with a soil sample and a broken clutch lever.... cheers

Had a really good start despite having a supermoto tyre on the back and for the first 2 laps felt like my old self staying inside the top 5 untill I bailed.

Second race Holeshot, red flagged... ffs

Re-start, didnt quite get the start I wanted and locked up stalling in turn one, so that was that really.

Third race and I thought i needed a confidence boost, gated second and stayed quite well up for about 4 laps then decieded to back off as I was struggling to hang on again...

All in all an enjoyable day on a proper track (despite the rocks) and felt I did better than I thought I would off so i'll sleep well tonight...

How was your day?

Pics will be up tomorrow night, leave your name,# bike and kit to make it easier for me to find your shots.. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.imagesofspeed.co.uk
andyyam
Expert
Expert
andyyam

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Well done Ady , results aren't everything , it's all about enjoying youself Smile .Shame there aren't a few more proper tracks around .
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Cheers Andy, a lot of the fun has gone for me at the moment not being fit enough to be up there.... gotta rob me a bank I reckon.... problem solved.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jon_ktm
Just practicing
Just practicing
Jon_ktm

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Frome UMX 28/06/09   UMX at Frome EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Well at least the dust held off for a while!!

Few differences from the maxis british sidecars meant that the track was a little shorter than before, knocking off a good 30 seconds a lap. didnt matter though, was still knackered by the end of the day!!

The heat race was a bit of a distaster, got caught up with the pile up on the first corner of the 2nd heat, was a domino effect and i was on the end Mad remounted pretty much last but managed to keep the engine running, charged hard with a front brake coming off the bars more and more until in the last lap i could only use the rear brake n managed to make enough places back to get B-group!! finally, il be head to head with the old man, now we'll see whos faster Very Happy

1st race was pretty good, got a great start for me n was bout 10th or so with dad just in front of me. had a target to ''aim'' for n set to work trying to pass. AMAZINGLY passed him within a couple of corners, was so happy i nearly crashed cheers but then, typical embarrasment in front of parents, hit a kawaskis back wheel on the right hander after the finish flag n was sent to the floor, that'll teach me to force a pass where it cant be done!! pick myself up with dad shouting ''come on boy!!'' .... cheeky bugger. couldnt catch him but had an ok finish from last again so was happy

2nd race, CRAP start, but found myself just in front of dad with his front wheel saying hello for a couple of corners. Dug deep and put in some flying laps, nearly landing on a few people in the process. Came home to beat the old man, happy days!! hopefully this will become a regular occurence and he'll give me the 450, knowing theres just no point trying anymore Razz

3rd race, went down to the line, oh dear seem to have a loose grip. ah well it will be fine for 1 race ... ''youve got a flat tyre mate''. what?! leg it up the van with my dad to preform the quickest tyre change in history, having to adjust the chain at the same time to make hte different sprocket fit. get down to the start to see a could of dust and theyd already disapeared through the hedge .... bugger. rode around at the back for the race and caught a few people, but at the end of the day .... i beat dad again Laughing

a quick thanks to ady for some good pics from the HMX meeting at foxholes
got any of me from today? number 219, KTM with black kit on
Back to top Go down
http://ww.hampshire-motocross-club.co.uk
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:33 pm

Nice report Jon, what number is the ol man... well I say old he could be younger than me... affraid yes pretty sure i got a couple of you. TRy to sort tomorrow after work. Wink
Back to top Go down
huskyboy666
Just practicing
Just practicing

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: race day   UMX at Frome EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 2:16 pm

hi ady nice to see you out again!! was talking to your dad before the racing started he told me you were having ago again.well my race day started really well got a reasonable start in the heat and pulled my way up to tenth yes!! result a group, first race got a flyer out of the gate and was fourth half way round the first lap came down the big hill and some bugger had changed the hairpin at the bottom and moved it thirty yards further back!! gutted turned in the usuall place and found three had gone round the other hairpin!!kept on it and made a 12th brill best ride for years ,second race got another good start from the outside off the line but got pushed out round first corner,kept on the gas and was making progress untill icame off on the long straight just after changing into top gear the bike hit a bump with the front wheel kicked oneway then the other eventually sending me face down and under the bike!! bent bars and a badly throbbing leg got on and finished the race .got back to the pit exit got of and tried to hobble back to the pits cursing my luck!!! a big thank you to the sidecar guy that took my bike off me and pushed it back to my car,also getting the first aid to come to me even if it meant he was gonna miss his race cheers!!! and also to pete miller who put my gear away and loaded the bike on the trailer,i got home ok good job i didnt need to stop quick though, as for the track well it was the best ive been on this year a proper track with bumps and big hills very technical but safe for all!! have a good week everyone that rode hope this hasnt bored you all too much sse you all at ringmer
Back to top Go down
Jon_ktm
Just practicing
Just practicing
Jon_ktm

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 2:29 pm

COACH wrote:
Nice report Jon, what number is the ol man... well I say old he could be younger than me... affraid yes pretty sure i got a couple of you. TRy to sort tomorrow after work. Wink

he be number 191, KTM, white kit Surprised
and as for the old bit, he dont go on here so we'll keep that between us Cool
Back to top Go down
http://ww.hampshire-motocross-club.co.uk
191cuf
Just practicing
Just practicing

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: hey, just wondering whether you got any shoots of me :D, im number 67 in junior group A with a green kit on KTM, cheers   UMX at Frome EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 2:55 pm

COACH wrote:
Well I have to say I wasnt looking forward to this event, number of reasons but mainly lack of bike time meaning I am totally unable to hold on for more than 2 laps, as proven in my first race when I reached for a tear-off and couldnt control the bike ending up with a soil sample and a broken clutch lever.... cheers

Had a really good start despite having a supermoto tyre on the back and for the first 2 laps felt like my old self staying inside the top 5 untill I bailed.

Second race Holeshot, red flagged... ffs

Re-start, didnt quite get the start I wanted and locked up stalling in turn one, so that was that really.

Third race and I thought i needed a confidence boost, gated second and stayed quite well up for about 4 laps then decieded to back off as I was struggling to hang on again...

All in all an enjoyable day on a proper track (despite the rocks) and felt I did better than I thought I would off so i'll sleep well tonight...

How was your day?

Pics will be up tomorrow night, leave your name,# bike and kit to make it easier for me to find your shots.. Wink
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy pirat Very Happy Crying or Very sad Sleep
Back to top Go down
Olly#8
Just practicing
Just practicing
Olly#8

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:16 am

Had a great weekend, loved the track as it was really good to ride a technical, demanding natural track for a change. Haven't raced hills like that since back in the day when racing in Scotland.

Practise and Qualifying went really well. Got a good start in the heat. The RSR Suzook had a new Golden Tyre GT240, DEP and VForce fitted last week which certainly helped the launch out of the gate. Was third on the first lap chasing Shane Reid and a young lad (Josh....) on a KTM144 who was flying. Got passed Shane as he stalled it in one of the hairpins and settled for 2nd as Josh was away.

Pulled peg 1 for the first A Race, happy days so got a great gate pick on the inside. Ripped the holeshot and held on round the first hairpin and then got my head down and pushed really hard for the first few laps. Owen Bridgewater was keeping me honest and I could hear his 450 in every corner so knew he was close. A few laps later and the noise behind changed from a thumping 450 to a screaming 2stroke so I guessed Josh was closing in. He forced a pass on me mid race and started to pull away. I regrouped and got my head down and slowly started to reel him back in. Managed to pass him down the big straight as the 250 was able to out pull the 144 but I then made a mistake and screwed up a berm corner and so Josh got back through. We were in the closing stages and I let it all hang out to catch him again. Went for the move up the big hill and Josh missed a gear allowing me to sail passed and hold on for the win. A great battle and when I spoke to Josh after the race it turns out he is only 15 and that was his first adult race on the new 144 after moving up from an 85 affraid I told him I was 22 years old than him and his reaction was much the same affraid
lol!

Race 2 and had an OK peg. Got another good start and was third on the first lap behind Josh and Owen. Held onto them for a few laps but then dropped it in a deep berm and they were gone. Rode a steady race from there on and brought it home to finish third.

Final race and another great start. Thought I had the holeshot but Josh parked it up the inside and took the lead. I chased him for the whole race but he was too good this time and I was starting to fade and feel every bump. Held on to finish in second place and got second overall on the day which I was really pleased with.

Good to see you out there Ady and some awesome starts from you on the 2smoker. got any pics? apart from the one of me messing up that berm next to you Embarassed
cheers
Back to top Go down
badge
Just practicing
Just practicing
badge

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:42 am

Hey Ady!

Junior no. 25.

I had a good day.
Seeing as its my first season in 20 years..im getting back into the swing of things!! lol

Do you want anything for taking the photos???
It is obviously a big effort on your part..
Can i get you anything?? Beer/wine/women ?? lol

Cheers.

JB.
Back to top Go down
Bengt Husky
Just practicing
Just practicing

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 5:29 am

Olly#8 wrote:
Had a great weekend, loved the track as it was really good to ride a technical, demanding natural track for a change. Haven't raced hills like that since back in the day when racing in Scotland.

Practise and Qualifying went really well. Got a good start in the heat. The RSR Suzook had a new Golden Tyre GT240, DEP and VForce fitted last week which certainly helped the launch out of the gate. Was third on the first lap chasing Shane Reid and a young lad (Josh....) on a KTM144 who was flying. Got passed Shane as he stalled it in one of the hairpins and settled for 2nd as Josh was away.

Pulled peg 1 for the first A Race, happy days so got a great gate pick on the inside. Ripped the holeshot and held on round the first hairpin and then got my head down and pushed really hard for the first few laps. Owen Bridgewater was keeping me honest and I could hear his 450 in every corner so knew he was close. A few laps later and the noise behind changed from a thumping 450 to a screaming 2stroke so I guessed Josh was closing in. He forced a pass on me mid race and started to pull away. I regrouped and got my head down and slowly started to reel him back in. Managed to pass him down the big straight as the 250 was able to out pull the 144 but I then made a mistake and screwed up a berm corner and so Josh got back through. We were in the closing stages and I let it all hang out to catch him again. Went for the move up the big hill and Josh missed a gear allowing me to sail passed and hold on for the win. A great battle and when I spoke to Josh after the race it turns out he is only 15 and that was his first adult race on the new 144 after moving up from an 85 affraid I told him I was 22 years old than him and his reaction was much the same affraid
lol!

Race 2 and had an OK peg. Got another good start and was third on the first lap behind Josh and Owen. Held onto them for a few laps but then dropped it in a deep berm and they were gone. Rode a steady race from there on and brought it home to finish third.

Final race and another great start. Thought I had the holeshot but Josh parked it up the inside and took the lead. I chased him for the whole race but he was too good this time and I was starting to fade and feel every bump. Held on to finish in second place and got second overall on the day which I was really pleased with.

Good to see you out there Ady and some awesome starts from you on the 2smoker. got any pics? apart from the one of me messing up that berm next to you Embarassed
cheers

Olly,

Talking of good gate picks did I overhear you talking to the peg man about being able to pick our own pegs out...? Coz for the last race he let me choose.

And secondly I hope that wasn't you I almost took with me down the fast straight at the start of the second race. I slipped in tight on the fast right hander to get down the right side of the straight and noticed a Suzuki was trying to pinch a lift.... lol! My mate thought it was you so apologies if it was.

I really enjoyed it yesterday. First lap of practice take it nice and steady and going up the long hill and a rock smacked me in the face...claret all over the place. Got what turned out to be a very small cut fixed and I was ready for the qualifier.

Picked out number 25 for the gate. Crap start on the 250 and got into the second turn 19th...could see my little brother in about tenth which gave me something to go for. Passed him on the 2nd lap and settled for 11th to qualify for the "A" group.... affraid Pretty pleased with that as I qualified in the C's in my first UMX at Swanmore.

First "A" group another crap gate pick and another not too brilliant start. 16 stone on a 250F is pushing the limits i know... Laughing Was running about 17th -18th when the lad had the big off right next to me coming up the hill towards the start...thought his bike was going to take me out, but it missed me. Think I finished 22nd which I was pleased with.

2nd Race and I got the 250 off the line into the first corner 2nd or 3rd. Lost some more place going down the big straight and was running most of the race 10th. Started to fade at the end and got overtaken by a few more and I think I finished 15th-16th.

3rd race - Another poor gate pick 35th. very uneventlful race and was happy to finish about 25th. No off's which is always a bonus for me.... afro

On the whole a cracking weekend.

Steve - Junior #90
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:09 am

Well here ya go guys, first batch of pics done.. like already said if you want a pic or two then post up your mane, #, bike etc to make it easier for me to find ya. Oh and group would help too.. cherry

Well done Olly, thought you were gunna have your work cut out with that nipper, noticed hiim in practice and wondered how he would fair. But for ffs sort out your berm bashing... lol!

Badge (Jason I think aint it) thanks for the offer fella, women arent allowed on the list as the wife would object.. Rolling Eyes tbh the idea of putting these free pics up is to get traffic onto the site, I do training days and photoshoots at very reasonable prices so if any of you guys wanna 'Holeshot' or just improve your riding then send me a pm. If your a 'C' group rider I could almost gaurantee that II could get you into the 'B' group and likewise 'B' to 'A'.. Wink

Steve, big achievment that guy, from Swanmore to Frome. A lot of these youngsters wont know your age or your previous ability, but I know you and your bro are more than capable of getting back into the experts. I personally would do a little sandbagging and go for 'B' till the fitness builds up... if I had my way i'd go back down to the juniors... cheers
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:17 am

huskyboy666 wrote:
hi ady nice to see you out again!! was talking to your dad before the racing started he told me you were having ago again.well my race day started really well got a reasonable start in the heat and pulled my way up to tenth yes!! result a group, first race got a flyer out of the gate and was fourth half way round the first lap came down the big hill and some bugger had changed the hairpin at the bottom and moved it thirty yards further back!! gutted turned in the usuall place and found three had gone round the other hairpin!!kept on it and made a 12th brill best ride for years ,second race got another good start from the outside off the line but got pushed out round first corner,kept on the gas and was making progress untill icame off on the long straight just after changing into top gear the bike hit a bump with the front wheel kicked oneway then the other eventually sending me face down and under the bike!! bent bars and a badly throbbing leg got on and finished the race .got back to the pit exit got of and tried to hobble back to the pits cursing my luck!!! a big thank you to the sidecar guy that took my bike off me and pushed it back to my car,also getting the first aid to come to me even if it meant he was gonna miss his race cheers!!! and also to pete miller who put my gear away and loaded the bike on the trailer,i got home ok good job i didnt need to stop quick though, as for the track well it was the best ive been on this year a proper track with bumps and big hills very technical but safe for all!! have a good week everyone that rode hope this hasnt bored you all too much sse you all at ringmer

Well done, you looked to be right on the pace... not bad for an ol timer. How you feeling today?
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:19 am

Anybody else get a tank slapper on down the main straight, this lad must have sh*t himself, shame I didnt have a video as the snap dont show what was going on!
UMX at Frome Umxfro11
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:22 am

Big thankyou to Still MX for taking my camera out while I was racing.. afro
UMX at Frome Umxfro12
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:24 am

...and an even bigger thankyou to Dellboy for the loan of his lens after I dropped my bugger.. Mad

Gotta thank me Dad for getting me there today too as my van blew up last week so cheers for that Dad.
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:32 am

'C' group winner, Matthew Rogers, must have encountered a problem in his heat.. Not sure if he went out in the last race to make a clean sweep as his bike didnt sound like it wanted to find a gear in the second race!
UMX at Frome Umxfro13
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:34 am

Purcey150 roosting the soil back on top of the jump.
UMX at Frome Umxfro14
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:36 am

Despite how this pic looks, the dust was kept to a minimun by the clubs preperation... afro
UMX at Frome Umxfro15
Here Jamie Wilkinson chases Lewis Yerbury down the main straight.... that was bloody quick down there, really surprised noone ended up in the bushes at the end.. lol!
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:39 am

Son of one of my former racing buddies Neal Paddington was looking good..
UMX at Frome Umxfro16
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:42 am

Jason Conner on the gas down the main straight...
UMX at Frome Umxfro17
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:44 am

Me going through a minefield... thanks to Still-MX
afro
UMX at Frome Umxfro18
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:45 am

The man that took the last shot... Suspect
UMX at Frome Umxfro19
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:47 am

Mates off the track, rivals on it, Lewis's Buckley(188) and Yerbury(157) battle it out in race 1
UMX at Frome Umxfro20
Back to top Go down
Olly#8
Just practicing
Just practicing
Olly#8

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:29 am

COACH wrote:
Well done Olly, thought you were gunna have your work cut out with that nipper, noticed hiim in practice and wondered how he would fair. But for ffs sort out your berm bashing...

cheers Ady, worked really hard for that win in the 1st race but defo struggled on a few of the berms. Normally ok but that one where u were standing was causing me problems, probably cos u were there watching haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UMX at Frome Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMX at Frome   UMX at Frome Empty

Back to top Go down

UMX at Frome
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next