Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Images of Speed

MX Training, Photographic, chat and information forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HMX @ Foxholes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wild weston
Junior 'C'
Junior 'C'

HMX @ Foxholes Empty
PostSubject: HMX @ Foxholes   HMX @ Foxholes EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Not the best days motoscrambling today, well and truely lived up to the wild weston tag.

was a tad slick in practice and quali, but still felt good on the nowak racing / Thames honda. Gated about 5 the in Quali, should of just sat there, safe for a group, but the red mist decended and i decided to go on a charge! was having an great battle for second place for a lap and a half, passed 2 guys in 1 section and decided to put the hammer down and clear the big TT, unfortunatly it was still slick and the back end lost it on the corner before, throwing me down face first hard. got back up, blood pouring from my nose in about 15th. took half a lap to compose myself then set about charging. that lasted all og half a lap till i tagged the back wheel of a slower rider and went down hard again. decided to pit in and re group for the MX2 race.

after 2 red flaged first laps due to some nasty accidents (both top 10 starts), 3rd time unlucky. despite half the righthand gates not dropping, including mine, no restart, so a charge from last to an eventual 11th with a stall when trying to get round johno clapcott thrown in for good measure. fortunatly, my main rival had a last lap crash while in the lead and couldnt restart the bike, so despite my worst finish im now top of the leader board in MX2, which is nice!

blaged my way in to A group, but had 2 bad start, i totaled my holeshot device in quali and couldnt use it, i know those things are mostly psycological, but i really do get better starts with it on.
race 1 finished in 24th, despite having a vertran trying to take me clean out on the last lap..
race 2 started by running over and pining steve bazzel to the floor with my bike on the 4th corner after he hit the deck right infront of me. after i made sure he was alright i enjoyed a nice ride round, picking off a few places, finished 28th, but was more than happy with my speed and i worked on my technique and realised id been riding like a twat all day and pushing the front end too hard.

next meeting is september, so got a few months to work on some speed to hold on to that lead.
Back to top Go down
JC45
Expert
Expert
JC45

HMX @ Foxholes Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMX @ Foxholes   HMX @ Foxholes EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:22 pm

Cool report Wild Weston i guess your moto for the day is slow down to go faster..
Back to top Go down
wild weston
Junior 'C'
Junior 'C'

HMX @ Foxholes Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMX @ Foxholes   HMX @ Foxholes EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 pm

yeah, when i had a clear track i just worked on the basics, i hunch over the bars naturaly, that throws everything out, legs drag, cant move about on the bike mid corner and the front end washes out alot. been working on leaning back in corners and straightening my back. when i do it im alot smother and quicker, but i have to think about doing it, not easy in the heat of battle.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

HMX @ Foxholes Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMX @ Foxholes   HMX @ Foxholes EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 11:51 pm

Great report fella, and yes you do have to think about doing things right until it comes naturally. I do it myself if things arent going quite right I think about what I terach my students and it usually sorts things out, I can hear myself coaching myself... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://ios1.forumotion.com
Olly#8
Just practicing
Just practicing
Olly#8

HMX @ Foxholes Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMX @ Foxholes   HMX @ Foxholes EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 2:47 am

Very tough meeting for me and really feeling it this morning. Camped over and walked the track on Saturday evening which was brick hard and still blue groove in places from the previous meeting.

Sunday morning and was feeling a bit shady after a few too many beers on saturday night.

Really fired up for the racing as hadn't riden since Whitings Water and was a bit too enthusiastic in practise. Ended up binning it on the first lap round the sweeper at the end of the lap that runs next to the start straight. Too much gas flat out in 3rd and the back end broke away then gripped again throwing me straight over the front upside down classic high side. Landed hard on the concrete and immediately thought I'd broken my wrist and collar bone. No broken bones but bloody sore and had destroyed the throttle on the bike. Spent the next hour running around the pits trying to find a replacement. Big thanks to Kevin Murray (94) for lending me the throttle assembly off his spare bike and to Barney Dunford & Lee Clayton for helping getting it sorted.

Got a couple of sighting laps before the 2-stroke race but my confidence was definitely shaken. Still pulled the holeshot and lead for a bit but Kevin Murray and Alan Warring went passed and I couldn't stay with them. Had a fairly lonely race from there on and so rode round to finish third which was good enough.

A1 and got peg 24 but still lined up pretty much where I wanted. Got a great jump and thought I had the holeshot but got pushed wide in the first corner and then lost a few places. Had some good battles and made my way up to 5th place. Confidence was coming back but I couldn't do the double out of the whoops and so was loosing a load of time on the leaders. Still brought it home 5th which I was happy with.

Final race and pulled the holeshot. Held the lead for half a lap and then started to slip back as I was loosing a couple of seconds every lap in the whoops. Had to really push hard for the rest of the lap to make the time back and maintain my 5th position which was where I finished giving me 5th overall on the day.

All in all not too bad considering the huge off in the morning and still scored some good championship points.
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

HMX @ Foxholes Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMX @ Foxholes   HMX @ Foxholes EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 2:53 am

Didnt see your 'off' but the ol Rm 2 smoke can certainly hook up off the gate hey fella. Those whoops need to be cleared to stand any chance of staying on terms with the leaders tho. Could be a bit unforgiving if you dont get it quite right though.. possibly best to attempt them on a day when the ground is a little softer, just in case.. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imagesofspeed.co.uk
Olly#8
Just practicing
Just practicing
Olly#8

HMX @ Foxholes Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMX @ Foxholes   HMX @ Foxholes EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 3:11 am

Yeah, she flies off the line mate. The whoops were a little daunting as the ground was brick hard and very slippy and I had already crashed hard in the morning, been sideways a few times, jumped off the track plus broke my wrist on the whoops a few years back so it's always been a tough point on the track for me. Bit dissapointed though as I must have been loosing a couple of seconds every lap in that one section.

Will defo have to give it a go next time Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HMX @ Foxholes Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMX @ Foxholes   HMX @ Foxholes Empty

Back to top Go down

HMX @ Foxholes
Page 1 of 1